Monday, January 21, 2008


Past Simple

Past simple: formule (Verb + ed) or irregulars verbs.

Use the Simple Past to express the idea that an action started and finished at a specific time in the past.

Example- I had a breakfast at 8 o’clock.

The verb auxiliary for verbs regulars is “did” even in third person but only in

affirmative and in interrogative. For do the interrogative sentences used When...? and How long...?.

AFFIRMATIVE

I played

You played
She/It/He played
We played

You played
They played

NEGATIVE

I didn’t play US

You didn’t play

She/he/it didn’t’ play

We didn’t play

You didn’t play

They didn’t play

INTERROGATIVE

Did I play?

Did you play?

Did she/he/it play?

Did we play?
Did you play?

Did they play?

THE PAST SIMPLE

- For express an action indefinite in the past

Example- We used pens and paper.

- For express an action usual in past.

Example- I never drink fanta.

- Express a condition unlikely.

Example-If I saw her, I should speak to her.

Bibliography

http://esl.about.com/library/grammar/blpastsimple.htm

http://www.englishpage.com/verbpage/simplepast.html



No comments: