Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Will & going to

Simple Future has two different forms in English: "will" and "be going to”

Will

FORM-> will + verb in the infinitive

Normaly you use the 'will' for to say things that are not sures, like a promise.

Ex

Afirmative: My mother will travel to Argentina.

Negative: My mother won’t travel to Argentina.

Positive: Will my mother travel to Argentina?

USE

Do predictions: Tomorrow it will be sunny.

Instant decisions: I'll see you on Friday.

Promise something: I’ll visit you next week.

Offer helped: I´ll help you.

Going to

FORM-> am/is/are + going to + verb in the infinitive

And you use the 'going to' for to say thing that you sure do, like a plan.

ex

Afirmative: I´m going to the cinema.

Negative: I’m not going to the cinema.

Positive:Am I going to the cinema?

USE

Predictions based on what we can see at that moment: Look at that bike! it is going to crash into the lamp post

Future plans and intentions: I'm going to a concert.

Bibliography

Going to

Will

No comments: